1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official YouTube Kids app arrives with age-appropriate vids, parents sigh with relief

Discussion in 'Tech News World' started by Princess, Feb 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Princess

Princess Well-Known Member Registered ✔ Verified ✔

deac831bb7f731b23d1b1e43c7824e47.jpg
    Kids constantly grabbing your phone/tablet, and launching all kind of stuff on YouTube? Every parent in the digital age has clashed with their curious toddler's unique ability to hit the most age-inappropriate vids every time they grab something with a touchscreen lying around, all the while they are, in fact, gunning for their favorite cartoon.
    Well, Google heard your pledges, and this week outed the promised YouTube Kids app, stuffed to the gills with cartoons and educational programming that sits around YouTube, and filtering out all the nasties. Not only that, but YouTube Kids offers a child-friendly interface, too, with big cartoonish icons, so that the kiddos can easily locate favorite episodes of Sesame Street, Thomas & Friends, and Dreamworks, online hits like Mother Goose Club, TuTiTu, and Super Simple Songs, among others.
    For even more filtered experience, parents can easily disable the search function as well, so they are completely sure the offspring will only watch the numbers game, instead of wasting hours on Robocar Poli series they've already watched a hundred times.

Developer: Google Download: Android, iOS
    Category: Entertainment Price: Free

2. williamsjohn

williamsjohn ✮ New Member ✮ Registered ✔

Great Little App! I love this app. But, let's talk parental controls. Why do I,as the parent and holder of the lock code, have to go in every time and set the timer duration? Maybe there could be an enhancement where A) the app locks in the time duration. Same duration of time until it is changed. My daughter gets the same amount every day. I have to update the timer every day. B) Keep the time limit going for the same day. After 30 minutes is up the app locks for the day or we ok more time.