LG G3 D855 receives Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update via AOSP based CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROMLG
The international variant of LG G3 (D855) codenamed 'Jenkins' can now be updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with due release of AOSP based CyanogenMod 12 (CM12) Nightly ROM.
The CM12 Nightly ROM brings the latest Lollipop functions and features for a fast and smooth stock Android experience as detailed in the official developer source page.
Interested users can go ahead and install the latest Lollipop based CM12 ROM on their Galaxy S4 LTE-A by following our step-by-step guide provided below.
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the ROM installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for the international variant of LG G3 (D855) only. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone
- Ensure the phone has at least 80% battery chargeto prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the ROM
- Back up data and settingsusing a recommended custom recovery tool, like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup. In Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and tap Backup
- Verify correct USB driversfor the phone are installed on the computer (download LG G3 D855 USB drivers)
- Enable USB Debugging mode via Settings > Developer Options (if running Android 4.0 or above) or Settings > Applications > Development (if running Android 2.3 or earlier)
- · Ensure that the device is rooted with CWM recovery installed and its bootloader is unlocked
Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM for LG G3 D855
Steps to Install Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12 ROM on LG G3 D855
Step 1 - Download Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM for LG G3 D855 on the computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on the computer with the USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded CM12 Nightly ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Boot the device into Recovery Mode as follows: press and hold Volume and Power buttons on your phone until the LG logo appears on screen and then release the keys. Now, tap Power and Volume Down buttons until the hard reset button appears on screen and then hit Power again to enter custom recovery mode.
Step 6 - Once the phone enters CWM Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Use the Volume keys to navigate between options and the Power button to select an option in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Perform Wipe Cache Partition and wait until the process completes.
Step 8 - Perform Wipe Dalvik Cache as well. To do this, go to the 'advanced' option and then click Wipe Dalvik Cache. This will help in preventing boot loop issues or any boot ROM related errors during firmware installation.
Step 9 - Return to the main recovery menu and choose Install Zip from SD card.
Step 10 - Click Choose Zip from SD card. Use volume keys to navigate to the CM12 Nightly ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone's SD card and choose it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen and the installation process will begin.
Note: Repeat Step 9 and Step 10 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well.
Step 11 - Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and select Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu.
The phone will now reboot and the first boot may take about five minutes to complete. So, please be patient.
Your LG G3 D855 is now running the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via CM12 Nightly ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
If You Use Adblock ? Please Deactivate Adblock For this Site! This website is living on advertisement. Thank You.Dismiss Notice