1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove the Pangu iOS 8 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Apple - FAQ, Guide, How To, Tutorials' started by Silent Angel, May 31, 2015.

1. Silent Angel

Silent Angel Qmobile Supporter Customer Support Registered ✔

Update: Pangu is now stable. Pangu released their jailbreak too early. Here's how to remove it.

Update 4/11/14: The Pangu Jailbreak is now stable. This article can most likely be ignored.

I'm incredibly disappointed by the folks at Pangu jailbreak (no links because you shouldn't go looking because you shouldn't install it yet - or maybe ever, I'll let you know).

Here's a rough guideline on how to remove the jailbreak:

NOTE! This will restore your device to factory settings!

My device boots to homescreen and I can mostly use it
    1. Go into Settings and do an iCloud backup.
    2. Turn off the device, unplug it if it's plugged into anything.
    3. Plug the device into your PC/Mac while pressing and holding the home button.
    4. Open iTunes, go to the tab for your device, and press "Restore". Accept the boxes, and wait for the restore to complete.
    My device won't boot/I want rid of this now

I'm not sure if this can happen, after all, I haven't tried the jailbreak, but if it does these steps should help.

1. Plug the device into your PC/Mac.
    2. Press and hold power and home until the screen goes off
    3. Release power and keep holding home until you hear the "connected usb" sound on your PC/Mac, then release home.
    4. Open iTunes, go to the tab for your device, and press "Restore". Accept the boxes, and wait for the restore to complete.
    If I've missed a step or you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Good luck!

(P.S. I wrote this really quickly and it might change a bit as I get responses)

• Like Like x 1